Tuesday, February 5, 2013

YourSingapore (Day 4)

Well, the 3rd day wasn't much of a success since it contained too much walking and not enough beautiful things. But Day 04 was the exact opposite!

I got up at 9 and took a bus to the Botanic Gardens (all by myself! *proud*). The cool part about taking the bus all by myself was that this was a different route and if I had messed up, I would have totally gotten lost. But there I was, this time entering from the other side, the side nearer to the National Orchid Garden! (That was the place I most wanted to go, after all!)


So I started walking, fully prepared for the long road ahead (I had potato chips and a water bottle, because I knew how long the walk was!). I had gone barely 50 feet when I saw a woman who had a young girl of around 4 in her arms and she was running, shouting something. I stopped and turned back, but by then, she was long gone. I saw another woman running after her, screaming for an ambulance. I knew for a fact that there was a hospital near the closest exit, so I shouted after her that there was a hospital in walking distance, but she did not listen. She was panicking too much and rushed past me. I started to run after them, but then saw that a park personnel gave her directions to the hospital. I didn't start walking again until I was sure the ladies found the help they needed.

I was a bit shaken, but I walked. Then I saw another lady with around 3 kids of the same age who had similar scooters to the one the 2nd lady had with her, when she was running. I asked the lady what happened. Apparently the little girl was driving the scooter when she fell. They suspected that she broke something. The 3 ladies must have been friends or sisters. I felt sorry for them.

Well, even this time, I saw many amazing plants that I took pictures of. But the first stunning place I saw was the swan lake. There were actual swans in the lake, and they were just so very beautiful, with their pure white feathers and the long long necks! It was such a breathtaking scenery!




On my way, I saw these awesome waterfalls and I even went t the caves behind some of them! It was so much fun!




I finally went to the Orchid Garden. The entrance fee was sg $5.





The place was huge, and it was just sooo sooo beautiful and amazing and wonderful! I mean, you'd have to be there to see the real beauty! There must have been thousands of species of orchids, of different colours, different sizes and different shapes! It was just so fricking awesome!












































And there were these amazing photo spots like benches surrounded by lots and lots of Orchids, water fountains and this ancient tree where despite the notice hung up not to carve on it, people had their names curved on!




There was also this greenhouse kinda place (cool house) where there were yet more amazing plants! I simply could not decide which one was my very favourite! All I could do was snap pictures!



People who have been with me for sightseeing, like Shaha and Iko would know, I like to take pictures everywhere! But this time, I was all by myself, which totally sucked! But I saw this kind lady who offered to take my picture! I was so thrilled. Later I hung out with this Indian family who lived in Oman. Their daughter was a bit younger than me, but we had fun, taking pictures of each other and chatting all the while. They seemed such a happy family! I wish I could meet them again! :)

So the exit of the Orchid Garden marked the entrance to the Orchid Souvenir shop which had the coolest stuff like, paper weights with orchids suspended in them, T-shirts painted with orchids and so on and so forth!





After visiting the Orchid Garden, I hurried off to lunch because Iko recommended Universal Studios as a must to see in Singapore and I was leaving just the day after. I had a hurried lunch at the Botanic Garden Restaurant and rushed off to the MRT on the other side. Eventhough I walked for as long as I did the night before, it didn't seem that far, maybe because I was full of energy and enthusiasm! :D


And I gotta run! Catch you hopefully next Monday on the bus to Resort World of Sentosa- Off to The Universal Studios! :D
Ps. Image credits for all the pictures in this post to their rightful owners!
(In the next post, you might see some of my own pictures. But like I said earlier, the camera quality was, well, for the lack of a better word, crappy! )


No comments:

Post a Comment