Friday, February 22, 2013

1st visit to the uni in pictures! :)

Well, this is pretty straight forward. I went to the uni today to get my student card. I walked there! (That is such a huge achievement considering that I didn't refer to a map and that I had no idea where I was going, just following the signs on the road and asking for directions from random strangers on the street! :P lol)

Hope this is self-explanatory ;)


The tunnel (under the road in the picture above!) that people on bikes choose because they wouldn't be overrun by cars here :P

The road that leads to Heaton Street (My street!)

Out of the tunnel! :D

The foot path 

The view from the footpath to the uni

On the bridge

On the bridge

On the bridge

On the bridge

On the bridge

Road to uni

First Glimpse of the uni

Road to uni

Road to uni

University grounds-" I'm looking from the outside" :P lol

Almost there! 
Almost!

There! The main entrance!

Main entrance of The University of Newcastle, Callaghan Campus

Inside the campus




Stone wall

Stone wall

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus-  I like this arrangement. This saved me from getting lost on my way back home (I took a different route getting out from the one I took getting in! )
Inside the campus
Inside the campus

Inside the campus- So green! I love it!

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus- The big trees prevent the sun from scorching me out! 

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Student Services Centre

Self explanatory again ;)

Inside the campus

International Office

International Office


Inside the campus- very park like, don't u think? ;) I can't wait to have friends and spend time with them here! :D


Inside the campus

A very unique flower near The Chancellery! It had rained a bit and the water drops were falling on to my phone from the trees above and it was a bit windy. Hence, the awful quality. I will upload a better picture of all the amazing flowers soon! :D

By this point I was so tired of walking that I had skipped taking pictures of a lot of places! The campus IS huge after all! :D

Well, The Chancellery :P lol

Inside the campus

Shortland Building, where they have Subways and stuff! :D

Graduates walk

Graduates walk

Graduates walk

Near the Graduates Walk

One of the libraries


Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

Inside the campus

I know I look hideous, as Exia has so kindly pointed out! But this is just to show you what my looong looong walk around the campus has been about. That's right, this little piece of plastic made me walk all the way there! :D

I couldn't write the names of the random places I went today, because this is the first time I've been there and I was alone. As soon as I know the names, I will upload more pictures with the names! :D And there are many more beautiful places in the campus that I couldn't take pictures of because I was too tired or because the camera wasn't working. So you would be seeing plenty more pictures if you keep checking this blog! :D

Hope you liked this post! Please let me know what you think. I post this stuff because a lot of people request me to upload photos of Australia, my journey here and my Uni. I hope I have made you all happy! :D
Cheers!
























































No comments:

Post a Comment