Friday, February 15, 2013

Workaholic Me- 3!

Well, you are probably tired of hearing how I always have soo much to do! So a round of applause for those who keep reading my blog any way! ;) *Applause*

I noticed that a lot of people liked my last post under the heading Workaholic Me and since I have been as busy this month as well, I thought I should write another post.

So like I have already headlined here, at the beginning of this month I was getting ready to come to Male'.  But ofcourse, before I could leave, I had to make sure that all the projects that were my responsibilities had to be completed.

To start with, last you heard, I had finished data entry for 6 districts, right? (If you have no idea what I am talking about, first read this post and then read this one!) Well, Potayto and I worked so hard (yes, for once, we were serious (well, he was! Didn't even say a word till we were done! Seriously dude, it was VERYunsettling!) and so focused on finishing it soon!) and finally we finished it! Finally!

I also compiled the key indicator list and sent it to the appropriate division. :D

I completed the map updation as well. Jojo was so busy and we finally decided to send out the map which was previously divided into 27 blocks and the updated map of each district. I felt so relieved afterwards.

Regrettably, I simply did not have enough time to finish the CPI so I taught Chefrex how to do it and let him handle it.

Oh and yeah, and there was a dinner, that I had promised to so many people a long time ago, just when I got 1st place in national Top ten. Mom and family members cooked so many different delicious dishes and everyone who came to the dinner (them being, all my friends who were in Fuvahmulah, family members, relatives, teachers of my old school, colleagues at the Atoll Council and Mom's colleagues at the Hospital! Yes, a lot of people!!) liked the dishes! :) (Mind you, it was a lot of work, getting all of it ready!)

Then I said goodbye to everyone in Fuvahmulah and came to Male'.

There was so much to do! I had to get the CoE from my university and trust me, I was calling them Monday through Friday, every single day and they informed me that they haven't started issuing CoEs of semester students just yet, that they would start on 4th February, Monday.

Meanwhile, Raid and I went to IGMH to see if they did medicals for Australian visa. They said they had some Australian approved doctors, but that they had left and so IGMH no longer made medicals for Australian Visa.
So we then went to AMDC (a private clinic) and asked them if they made Australian medicals and they said that they do. They asked me to bring a certain form. We went home, got the form and came back in the evening. The girl at the recpetion wasn't sure whether that was the right form. So she sent us upstairs.
We went upstairs to the girl who is incharge of medicals. She informed that there should be some other form as well. I went home and searched and searched, but couldn't find the form. Then Zeeniyahtha called and I told her that I couldn't find the form. She gave me a link to the form and I downloaded it and printed it.
We took that form the next morning and the girl said everything was in order and that I should pay up and go and do the investigations. It cost around Rf1400. They took my blood sample and urine sample and asked me to come back for the reports that night.
Raid and I were having lunch at King's Corner (this awesome restaurant that Raid frequents!) when a girlfrom AMDC called and told me that their physicians weren't Australian approved and that there was no way their medical could be accepted by the Visa Office!

I then called Zyniahtha and told her what happened. She said she'd check which doctors in Maldives were Asutralian approved. She told me about Dr.Usama, a friend of hers in ADK (Private hospital).
There I had to get some more forms and get my tests done. Since they didn't collect my blood sample that day, I went to Dr Usama the following day and it turned out that there was some mix up. I finally gave my blood sample and got the reports. It was on 9th February, Saturday that I finally got my medicals all ready and sealed by Dr Usama! Phew!

I went to the Scolarship Division on 5th Februray, Tuesday, (Dad called some friends and it was kind of a chain reaction, I finally had an appointment with the state minister of Ministry of Education, Anth, who was really nice, and helpful btw!) and requested that they send a letter to the university as my sponsor, to let me have my CoE soon because it takes around 3 weeks or something for my visa to get processed (I don't have 3 weeks! I had to be there in Australia on 19th February at the latest! *out of options!*). Anth also told me that they would arrange everything for me to go to Colombo myself and lodge the visa application (once I had the CoE ofcourse!) and track the progress of it myself!

I finally received my CoE on Wednesday and I sent a letter to Scholarship Division to arrange my Colombo trip. The financial statement they gave me detailing the terms of my scholarship had some mistakes in it and I had to take it twice to the Schol Div before I finally received the document that I could handover with my visa application. On 10th February, Sunday, they gave me tickets and pocket money along with a letter to the Australian High Commission in Colombo, asking them to speed up my visa processing.

Then I had to get my police report done. When I went to fetch it it  Sunday morning, they had made some mistakes and I had to go there again in the afternoon to get it!

I then had to make a bank draft for the visa application fee, which was worth LKR 74,400/ US $600 from Bank Of Ceylon to the Australian High Commission in Colombo. We had to take several trips to Bank Of Ceylon and Bank Of Maldives to get the US $600 and make a bank draft of it.

In all these trips back and forth, to ADK, AMDC, Schol Div, Foreign Ministry, Maldives Police Service and the banks, I was accompanied by Raid. I couldn't have done it without him and for that I am eternally grateful to him. He proved to me that he would be there for me whenever I needed. The sweetest part was, whenever I started listing out the things to be done, he would say, "Don't you worry about them. Leave them to me! I'll take care of them!" *much love*

And I am too exhausted to write any more! But I will update you with what happened later! PS I got my visa and I would be leaving to Australia hopefully on Monday!
Bed! I am coming to you!
Schyna Out!



No comments:

Post a Comment