Monday, February 25, 2013

Hello, International Friends! :D

Today we had International Students' Orientation which is compulsory for all new International Students. We had to be there by 9.30. Elia and I waited for Sush and Xivan (If you don't know who they are, go back and read this post!). By 9.15, Elia said he was leaving because he didn't want to be late.
So it was Sush, Xivan and I that left the house at 9.20. Half way there, Sush broke her shoes so Xivan had to run all the way back home and bring her new shoes! A hero indeed! :D

That added with the fact that we had to walk atleast 10 minutes before we reached the Griffith Duncan Building where our orientation was supposed to take place, you can imagine we were pretty late! Infact, it was almost 10 when we reached there. Fortunately a very helpful student working at the International Office lead us to the lecture theatre without anybody really seeing us (we sat on the first floor viewing seats!).



Luckily, they started just when we arrived so we weren't actually late late! ;)

A lot of people talked about a lot of things- the Vice Chancellor of University of Newcastle, Some one from the International Office, International Student who has been here for 2 years, some one from Allianz which provides our OSHC (if you don't know what this is, read this! again!), On campus security officer, different student club representatives and this really awesome person from a wildlife park!












After that, we went to have a BBQ lunch at Bar On The Hill, where they gave out Free Fairy Floss. There was this awesome puppet there too!











I apologise for not having too many pictures! I was too busy having fun! ;)

So after that, we went to the Students' Services Centre because Sush and Xivan had to get their Student Cards. I had a mini-heart attack when I thought I had forgotten my student account's password, but then remembered it! ;)

Then Sush, Xivan and Santosh (also a guy from Nepal!) went to enrol in their classes. I was suppose to enrol on my course orientation on Wednesday, so I stayed in queue at the Commonwealth Bank, to open a bank account. But the dumb me had kept my passport at home after listening to Jayson tell me that I should never carry my passport around with me incase I got mugged!  :P So all that time in the queue was for nothing! I came back home, so exhausted, yet happy about how much fun the day was! :D

And I can't wait for the awesome O'week activities coming up! Tomorrow there's this amazing race! :D
Tell you all about it later! Bye for now! I should sleep! I got a big day ahead tomorrow! :D

1 comment: