Monday, February 11, 2013

YourSingapore Day 4 (Cont)

Note: Image credit to their rightful owners! :)

So after having lunch at the Botanical Garden’s restaurant, and buying a sandal from the souvenir shop (my shoes were killing me! They definitely weren’t made for walking long distances!), I went to Vivo City to catch the bus to Sentosa. It was  a fun ride and the view from Sentosa was amazing.  I followed the crowd and ended up at The Universal Studios.


The sign of Universal Studios (you know, the one with the globe on it!) was amplified a 100 times and it was at the entrance of the place. The whole place was amazing!



First, I went in through the gates and I began to search for Transformers ride, because that was the one Iko recommended me.  I got a few maps of the place from a friendly girl at Madagascar. The map that I opened was so confusing that I had to ask for directions. I followed the directions and ended up in a looooooong looooooong queue. It was so long that I couldn’t even see the front from where I was. The queue was moving so slowly. It was almost half an hour before I entered the “Transformers lair”. There were all these cool symbols that appear in the movie.







The walls were lined with TVs- some were broadcasting breaking news that the villains had attacked the lair, others were calling for new recruits and some others had the General addressing the new recruits. There were blinking lights all the way, and all sorts of stuff that you would see in an actual lair of robots. It was so real like. After almost an hour in the slow moving queue, I finally arrived at the place. There were car-like structures (you know the ones you sit in during roller-coaster rides?) and we had to leave all our bags and even sandals because this was to be one helluva coaster ride!





I finally got on it and we were given 3D glasses.
Then it started! It was totally out of this world! The villains attacking seemed so real, and sometimes it seemed liked we were flying upwards so fast and at other times we were diving so suddenly that I almost forgot it was a simulation! There was a villain on our tails and our car was diving so deeply that I actually hung on to the rails for dear life!



It was so terrifying yet so exciting! And then this huge explosion sent us rolling and spinning and there was destruction everywhere when it finally stopped. It was so real-like!  When it finally stopped, I just had the most fun in my life! :D The one hour wait in the queue was totally worth it! :D
I exited to the Transformers Souvenir shop. I headed out of there and saw a huge 3D version of Bumblebee and Optimus Prime from Transformers. I took a picture with each one of them!




Next was Battlestar Galactica. I had heard of it, but I didn’t watch it until much later so I didn’t actually know how Humans and Cylons differed. But I figured Cylons must be some kind of robots. I met a French or German boy (I don’t exactly remember which) with his father there. Apparently they visited Singapore every year, just to visit Universal Studios. They recommended that I take the Humans one first since I had never been on a roller coaster ride before in my life!





When we started to climb higher and higher, I could barely open my eyes because the wind was so strong. The closest I’ve come to that feeling was when I rode the motorbike really really fast. But even that was nowhere close to this! Again, it was so terrifying but exciting! :D

At the end I almost felt dizzy, but the boy asked me to try the Cylons one next. I was so pumped up with adrenaline that I ran after him.  We took the Cylon ride and it was crazier than the one before,  and I didn’t think that crazier than the Human roller coaster was even possible! It went round and round and round so fast, it climbed soooo high that we could see almost half of the entire place and then it dropped down so fast that I thought my seat belt would unbuckle. It even went upside down and that was freaky, I tell you!





I grabbed a bite after the crazy coaster ride and then visited the Mummy.  The entrance was amazing. There were around  4storey high stone carvings of ancient Egypt like people. Everything was so ancient and Egyptian-like, it felt like I had stepped back in time!









After going through what felt like an ancient cave system which very much resembled a maze, there was a freaky roller coaster ride again, this time with the theme Curse of the Mummy and the mummy threw us into complete darkness that I couldn’t even see my own hands infront of me. Then a brilliant fire rose out of nowhere and I could actually feel the heat as we were drawn in to the inevitable flames! I came out of there a bit shaken!








Then it was the slow ride back in time. There was this absolutely ancient carriage that even squeaked! It took us on a ride, a very very slow ride when compared with all the roller coaster rides that I had been on! The ride showed us many aspects of ancient life, very much like the life shown in Merlin, I later realized! The way people worked before, the ancient equipment they used and all sorts of fun stuff! There were even snakes that hissed and crocodiles that opened their mouths! It was interesting as well!










Let me leave you at the gates of Jurassic Park! See you next  Monday! Don't get eaten by a dinosaur though~! :D


Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for black bbw

    Feel free to surf to my web blog - bbw black booty

    ReplyDelete