Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year Celebrations!

It was 10.30 pm on 31st December 2012. I was watching Pretty Little Liars because I had nothing better to do! (Yeah, I never celebrated New Year or any other day for that matter, not at 12am any way, except for the last month-versary) It was at 11.30pm that Mausooma Miss called and told me that they were coming to fetch me and to be ready. They called before and asked me if I would like to join them for dinner, and I told them that I'd love to, but I could go only if my Dad said I could. Apparently Dad gave his permission to them!;)

So I got ready, wore the most party-ish dress I owned and Mausooma Miss, Raid's Dad, Riu and I went to Royal Restaurant (for those of you who don't know the place, it is one of the best restaurants in Fuvahmulah, based near the ocean, allowing the cool breezes to caress our faces when we stay on the terrace!).


The whole place was decorated with Chinese Lanterns, Twinkling lights, Garden Lights, and the "Fulhi Bahthi"s ;) The place looked so magical!






Fulhi Bahthi







We went for the buffet table which had a "Dhoni" on it. It was when we were putting the food on our plates that we noticed something was going on. People were suddenly moving towards the little huts near the ocean. So we went there to see what was happening. It's not that clear in this picture because I do not have a "Big Camera" as I call it, but that was the numbers 2012 on fire. Symbolic, huh?  Burning out 2012! :P hehe





And then these twinkling lights appeared overhead, which read, Happy New Year 2013! It was just so very beautiful!




Then we ate dinner, took some pictures of the place and ourselves, (mostly me and Riu ;)) laughed real loud and left! :P

And then this evening I went to Thundi again with my friends, Musly, Maashy, Huly and Aadhu. We were later joined by Nuhy, Shazu and Luba, and we went to Real Breeze, another restaurant, to eat pizza. I have eaten pizza from Pizza Hut and such famous Pizza places, but Real Breeze pizza is still the best for me! We were too starved to wait and take pictures of the pizza, so no pictures of the pizzas :P

As usual, when we got together, things were so crazy! We could see other people in the restaurant giving us quick looks, but we couldn't help the fact that we were laughing so hard! Even the terrible mosquitoes failed to bring us down :D We did all sorts of funny, illogical things like the one in the picture below :P
The M&M resembling bracelet has it's arms around the glass of water, hugging it tight!

Then comes the key which has a variety of coloured elastic bands attached to it. The  M&Ms like the key, and they are together. But they face pressure from the society since they aren't alike!

Finally, the key with colourful elastic bands finds another of it's kind, a key with  no key chain. The colourful elastic band key leaves the M&Ms for the new key, leaving the M&M behind, M&M gets lonely and goes back to the glass. And all of them lived Happily Ever After :P lol!
We then went for a little ride before coming back home! Thus ended the first day of 2013- a rather good beginning to the year, I'd say ;)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for not mentioning about the tasteless food! :P
    And yes! Decoration was amazing :)
    Happy new year once again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know me! I always see the half-full cup, not the half-empty one ;)

      Thank you! And wish you an awesome year! :D

      Delete
  2. hahaha, the last part about society was hilarious. Looks like you had a fun time. Happy new year. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just the tip of the iceberg of the fun we had, Shaha ;) I thought that you guys would get bored of me sayin, we had so much fun, but not telling you what exactly was so funny :P heheh Hence, the story ;)

      Delete