Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just Press Play!

Here is the collection for last week, and because I missed the deadline, I added some extra categories, as an apology! ;)

Happy listening! :D

The Motivational Song:
Firework- Katy Perry

The video and lyrics is just awesome (I specially liked the fireworks bursting out of them! :) )and the song is very sing-along-able! :D

"Do you know that there is till a chance for you,
Cuz there's a spark in you
You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine
Just own the night, like the fourth of July!"

"If you only knew what the future holds,
After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
Maybe the reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open the one that leads you to the perfect road!"


The Sad Song:
When You are gone- Avril lavigne

This is an all-time favourite. Eventhough I've heard it a million times, when I sing it or hear it, still brings me close to tears. The video is very touching, specially the part where the soldier leaves his pregnant wife to go fight in a war and the old lady dying, leaving her husband all alone!

"When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?
When you are gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you
When you are gone, the face I came to know is missing too"





The Happy Song:
Love Story- Taylor Swift

This has been a favourite ever since I heard it-  the reason I started listening to Taylor Swift, literally!
When I sing the chorus, I can't help but smile. That warm, fuzzy feeling I get, it's awesome! The best part is:

"I got tired of waiting,
Wondering if you were ever coming around
My faith in you was fading

When I met you on the outskirts of town and I said,
Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you, but you never come
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said (:D)
Marry me, Juliet
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your Dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say yes!"


The Post Break Up Song: 
It's alright, It's OK -Ashley Tisdale-

I really like this song, because it's about recovering from a break up. She knows she's strong and that she would survive. This song makes me smile! And the music is very head-nod-able! :D 

"No looking back
I wont regret, no
I will find my way
I'm broken
But I still have to say

It's alright, it's OK
I'm so much better without you
I won't be sorry
It's alright, OK
So don't you bother what I do
No matter what you say
I won't return
Our bridge has burned down
I'm stronger now"




The Sentimental Song:
I'll always remember you -Miley Cyrus/ Hannah Montana-

This song reminds me of school, all the friends and the fun we had together, specially in A'level. Being in the same class for almost 5years brought us closer than ever, and all the things we shared throughout the school life flashes infront of me when I hear this song. It makes me miss school! I sang part of this song at my graduation speech and those who were there would know that I was almost in tears when I finished. Yes, it makes me sentimental! 

"I always knew this day would come
We'd be standing one by one
With our future in our hands
So many dreams, so many plans

I always knew after all these years
There'd be laughter, there'd be tears
But never thought I'd walk away, 
With so much joy but so much pain
And it's so hard to say goodbye

But yesterday's gone, we gotta keep moving on
I'm so thankful for the moments
So glad I gotta know you
The times that we had, I'll keep like a photograph
And hold you in my heart forever
I'll always remember you!"

"Another chapter in the book
You can't go back, but you can look
And there we are on every page
Memories I'll always save
Up ahead on the open doors
Who knows what we're headed towards
I wish you love, I wish you luck
For you the world just opens up"

"Everyday that we had, all the good, all the bad, I'll keep them here inside
Yeah, one day we'll look back, we'll smile and we'll laugh
But right now we just cry
Cause it's so hard to say goodbye!"




The Medley:
Bruno Mars Medley- Victoria Justice & Max Schneider-

This is such an awesome medley of Bruno Mars songs! The way they change the songs from one to the other is so amazing, their voices are wonderful, and they are cute! And... you get it! ;) And of course all the credit goes to Potayto. He was the one who introduced medleys to me, and he suggested this one as the very first medley to be featured on my blog. :D Salute Potayto! xD




The Party Song:
Party Rock Anthem -LMFAO-

Love the music!!! And the part where they say, "Everyday I'm shuffling" and the music that follows!! Can't stand still when I hear the song! Shuffle people, Shuffle! :D






*Schyna shuffled away*

2 comments: