Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Just Press Play!

So, here's this week's dose of music for you, and I added another category! ;)
I love these songs and I hope you would too! :D

The Motivational Song:
Who Says- Selena Gomez

I just soo love this song! The lyrics is super awesome! Just hearing it would boost up your self confidence! :D  the song itself is pretty catchy and it was stuck in my mind for quite a while. I liked the video as well, specially her gorgeous black dress, and the "Beautiful Sinc '92" part (I can so relate! :D)

"Wouldn't wanna be anybody else!"
"I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me!"
"You've got every right to a beautiful life
C'mon
Who says, Who says you are not perfect?
Who says you are not worth it?
Who says you are the only one that's hurting?
Trust me, that's the price of beauty
Who says you are not pretty?
Who says you are not beautiful?
Who says?"

"Who says you're not star potential?
Who says you're not presidential?
Who says you can't be in movies?
Listen to me, Listen to me
Who says you don't pass the test?
Who says you can't be the best?"




The Sad Song:
Before the Storm- Miley Cyrus/ Nick Jonas

There's something about this song. I am not sure exactly what, but if I listen to it once, I wouldn't be able to stop listening to it. It makes me feel sad, and as a general rule, I don't listen to songs that make me sad,( because I'm this bubbly person and I get bored of staying depressed after a little while) but I just can't stop listening to it! Their voices are so sad, the lyrics is sad and even the music is sad! But it's totally worth it!

"I'm standing here but you don't see me
I'd give it all for that to change

And I don't wanna lose her
Don't wanna let her go

Standing out in the rain
Need to know if it's over
Cause I'll leave you alone

I'm flooded with all this pain,
Knowing I'll never hold her
Like I did, before the storm"

"They always say, a heart is not a home
Without the one who gets you through the storm"

"Standing out in the rain
Knowing that it's really over
Please don't leave me alone! (I'm at tears by this point!)

I'm flooded with all this pain,
Knowing I'll never hold ya
Like I did, before the storm"



The Happy Song:
You Found Me- Kelly Clarkson
This is a song I heard pretty recently, even though the song isn't that recent. I immediately felt happy, the minute I heard it! She's describing what they had gone through together, and that feels so awesome! Love the lyrics, the music, but mostly, love her! :D

"You found me, when no one else was looking
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through all my confusions
The ups and the downs and you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me!"



The Post Break Up Song:
What Doesn't Kill You -Kelly Clarkson-

I love the lyrics, they make me feel powerful. The video is cool too, she dyed her hair black and she definitely pulls off brunette ;) The music is strong, and just by listening to it, I feel hopeful, like things aren't as bad as they seem ;) Would definitely make a person who has gone through a tough break up more sure of themselves! :D

"You think you've got the best of me
Think you've had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone
Think you've left me broken down
Think that I;d come running back
Baby, you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong!"

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes you fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone"




The TV Series Theme Music:
Merlin

Well, Merlin gets the honour of being the 1st to be featured in this category because I am currently watching Merlin. It's theme music is so soothing, calming, relaxing! After the excitement of the beginning of an episode, hearing the theme music relaxes me. It has an ancient feel to it, the Royal, Ancient, feel! In a nutshell? AWESOME! :D



The Sentimental Song:
Ready, Set, Don't Go -Miley Cyrus/ Billy Ray Cyrus-

This song makes me so sentimental because this is about Miley growing up and leaving to make her dreams come true, and her Daddy isn't ready to let go of her. I can so relate! I am about to leave for Australia in a month, for 6 whole years, coming home only for the holidays, once a year. I've never been gone away from home for that long! This song feels like a conversation between me and my dad, because even though I'm 20, my Dad still sees me as his little girl, and I'm gonna miss it!  

"() indicates them singing together"
[Billy]: Shes gotta do what shes gotta doAnd I've got to like it or notShes got dreams to big for this townAnd she needs to give them a shotWherever they are[Miley]: Looks like Im all ready to leaveWith nothing left to pack[Billy]: Aint no room for me in that carEven if she asks me to tag along(God I gotta be strong)
[Miley]: Im at the startin lineFor the rest of my lifeAs ready as I’ve ever beenGot the hunger and stars in my eyesThe prize is mine to win[Billy]: Shes waitin on my blessingsBefore she hits that open roadBaby get ready get set don’t go
[Miley]: Looks like things are fallin in place[Billy]: Feels like there fallin apartI painted this big old smile on my faceTo hide my broken heart, if only she knew[Miley]: This is where you don’t say what you want so bad to say[Billy]: This is where I want to but I wont get in the wayOf her in her dreams and spreading her wings
*Miley is the the backgrounds singing "im ready to fly"[Miley]: Im at the startin lineFor the rest of my lifeAs ready as I’ve ever beenGot the hunger and stars in my eyesThe prize is mine to win[Billy]: Shes waitin on my blessingsBefore she hits that open roadBaby get ready get set (don’t go)
[Miley]: Im at the startin lineFor the rest of my lifeAs ready as I’ve ever beenGot the hunger and stars in my eyesThe prize is mine to win[Billy]: Shes waitin on my blessingsBefore she hits that open roadBaby get ready get set please don’t go
[Billy]: Don't go[Miley]: Let me go now im ready[Billy]: Mmmm Don't go[Miley]: I’ll be alright, I’ll be okayYou know that ill be thinking ofYou each and every day[Billy]: Shes gotta do what shes gotta do[Miley]: Let me go now[Billy]: Shes gotta do what shes gotta do[Miley]: I've gotta do what I've gotta do*sings "fly" while fading*[Billy]: *says "shes gotta do" while fading*


The Medley:
Rihanna Medley ft Matisse

Totally love this medley, because it includes some of the most popular songs of Rihanna and the way they are brought together is just amazing! Like her voice as well! :D




The Party Song:
On The Floor -J Lo Ft Pitbull

I don't think you would need much of a review about this song, since you might have already hear of it! Fact is, I can't help dancing when I hear this song! Listen to it and see if it has the same effect on you! :D 



Keep dancing! :D



1 comment: