Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Anniversary (of DNP :P) !!! :D

Let me start by telling you about my job. The job title is Assistant Statistical Officer. I am actually an employee of Department of National Planning, but I work at the Secretariat of the Fuvahmulah Atoll Council since I am responsible for the statistics of GN Atoll, which is basically Fuvahmulah ;)

So I started on 18th October 2012, and I came to Male' on 7th December 2012, for the training program by DNP. Lucky us, the 34th Anniversary celebrations coincided with our training program. We were actually  in the Stat Section when they asked us to bring a gift for a secret friend. 

So on Thursday morning, I dressed up in Red and Black, (I had gone shopping the day before ;) ) and wrapped Oranges, Red Apples and Green Apples in a newspaper (the rule was for each present to be wrapped with newspaper) and left for office. I dropped the present off at the designated place before meeting up with Rafa, my kinda-supervisor here for data checking session.







 At 11.30, we were asked to go to the conference room where we got to pick our presents. Here's how it went. Each present had a number printed on it and there was a teeny tiny box with the same numbers printed on little pieces of papers which were then folded. So whatever number we took out of the box, the present with that number became ours. 



It was so much fun, because every one was screaming out their number, trying to get their hands on their presents ;)  I finally got mine. When I opened it, I was pleasantly surprised ;) It was this extremely cute Bear shaped coin box! 



Next on agenda was lunch. It was the traditional "Biriyani". Before starting lunch, however, we cut the cake. One person from each section got to go there, and they cut the cake. After eating a sumptuous meal, we had some chocolate cake, which I should highlight, was extremely yummy~!!!




Next, we had some lollies, which were red and they stained our lips red ( no need of lip sticks! xD). They were equally tasty.




Afterwards, we (that is to say Shaheed and I) took some pictures of fellow office mates. They were my colleagues even though they were based in Male'. All of them were so welcoming and friendly that I almost wished I was based in Male' as well. Almost. Fuvahmulah needs me! :D




Thus ended the joyous celebrations! xD

2 comments:

  1. WHAT? Shaheed works there too. Looks like you had a lot of fun, and that is a fun way to play the Secret Friend game. Oh, and I completely love the frog coin box. Frog Prince? Kermit the Frog? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-huh! Was a total surprise for me when I first saw him there ;)
      I know, right! This is the first time we played it that way :D
      My very own Frog Prince! (Kermit sounds lovely too, but I like the idea of Frog Prince better ;) ) xD

      Delete