Thursday, December 6, 2012

Once upon a time!

Since I am totally new here and you might not know me that well, I think it's best to write about myself and the community I'm in, with the people around me, so that when I write about other things like the issues in our community that I'm concerned with, you would have a better understanding of the situation.

So tonight I want to write about a very special person in my life. I know I haven't even mentioned him in my previous posts but that is because I was thinking of writing one big post about him, and just him. ;)

He knew me ever since I was a young girl. He recalls me as this small girl  with two braids. It's funny how he remembers me at such a young age because I have no recollection of him except for this one time when we debated together, and I was about 13 then. Ofcourse I knew he existed, because he was the older son of one of our teachers. 

I chatted with him from facebook a long time back, maybe in 2008 or something (According to him! Again, I have no memories of those days, which I now find very weird. Now I'm like, I wish I knew back then that he would be this special to me, so that I can remember everything about him.) And then we chatted on and off, just two acquaintances finding out what's up and how life is. 

The first memory I have of chatting with him is when I was an A'level Chemistry teacher at GNAEC last year. (I accepted the post as a special favour to the Principal, the day after my graduation, since it was such an honour.) I was in Male' and it was mid September. I had gone to Male' for two days to sit my IELTS exam. He was in Sri Lanka. When he knew that I was a teacher, he was teasing me about it, saying I'm a cheater :P He then asked me to go to Lanka and I told him that I wish I could and that was it.

Again, after some time, we chatted on facebook again. This time he told me that he was doing degree, Bachelor of (a mouthful, which I didn't really get :P)  something and that he had classes just on the weekends. I told him that I wished I could have classes like that, that it must be so easy for him. I actually asked him to switch places with me and let me go to college instead of him because I was just so bored of staying at home, doing nothing. Then he told me about all his Master's degree options and asked me what I think was the best one. I went through the list and realized to my dismay that I had no clue as to what any of them on the list was about, so I gave him the names of some programs that sounded kinda cool, but I did tell him that I actually had no idea what it was all about. He understood that I was just a very naive person who had no clue as to the horrors of the big cruel world :P

In January, I was heartbroken over a messy break up. I had lost my faith in himanity and all that is good. Mind you, I wasn't suicidal, but I was pretty down. He chatted with me and I chatted back. I put him in the friend zone because he never asked for more, and my heart was still under construction for me to think about another relationship. We talked and I felt OK. He gave me his LK number and I remember thinking, why should I bother remembering this number? It's not like I'm gonna call him from all the way here, and anyway, it's just soo long. But I remember that it had lots of 7s and 4s. Little did I know that that would be the first LK number that I would always remember ;)

Then came a blow that knocked me down so hard that I almost didn't want to get back up. I came to know that my most recent ex boyfriend, MR got back together with his ex girl friend and that everything that I thought we had between us was a lie. I so badly needed someone to talk to. It was then that I called him. Yes, all the way to Sri Lanka, I called him, twice. But later I came to know that he was sleeping. Then I was forced to call a less recent ex boyfriend of mine, MM who had been begging me to get back with him for a long time. We talked and I told him that if he wants me back, he will have to call me atleast once a day, that he shouldn't lose his temper with me at small things, and everything I learned from our relationship before. This time I knew what I wanted and I wasn't going to settle for less. I was lonely and depressed, I got back together with MM.

The next morning I told him what happened and how I was in a relationship with an ex, which was something I told myself I wouldn't do, and in the sunny morning, the action seemed so foolish. I was in a hard-to-please mode and it didn't help that he paid more attention to me than my own boyfriend did. He was always on the phone with me (via Skype) while my bf couldn't call me even once a day. He wrote me poems, deep ones. He dedicated songs to me, and every night he stayed with me on Skype till I fell asleep. Therefore it was no surprise to me that I realised my relationship was a mistake and that he should have been the one I was with.

I confronted my bf about the deal we had, about him paying more attention to me, but he couldn't hold up his end of the deal. When he hadn't called me even once for three consecutive days, I decided to break it off. "Another guy is begging for her attantion while you are ignoring her!" The phrase I saw from facebook stuck in my mind. I knew he was the "other" guy.

After I broke up with MM, I told him about it and he proposed to me, then and there. He made me happy, he treated me the way I wanted to be treated and he loved me. I saw no reason not to accept his proposal. Even though I didn't love him then, I did like him, a lot! And I knew that if we gave it time, I would fall for  him, so deeply, which I did ;) Well, the deciding factor was, I had a nightmare. I had fallen asleep with Skype video call on, and connected to him. When I woke up, I was so scared (yeah, that happens to me!). It was 2am, but I didn't know what else to do and I called him. I saw him on Skype, waking up when the phone rang. I told him I was so frightened. Then he got up, talked to me, on and on till I felt better, and he stayed awake till I fell asleep. Isn't that the sweetest? And when I told him the next morning that I felt bad about waking him up in the middle of the night, his reaction made me realise that I was the luckiest girl alive, to get such a caring, sweet guy. He made it sound like it was OK for me to call him any time, and told me that he would be there for me whenever I needed him, even if it was in the middle of the night. :D

So we went into a relationship. He called me his princess, (still does!), and he treated and still treats me like one. That was the beginning of my fairytale with my prince Charming, my story with my Mr.Right! 


This is the part where I say, "And we lived happily ever after"! ( we still are living happily ;) )xD 



No comments:

Post a Comment