Thursday, December 6, 2012

Origins of Sparkly Smiles unveiled! :D

So now you know all the how's and why's of the origins of my blogging, (if you don't already know, find out from here! you might be curious about my name here, Sparkly Smiles. Well, giving a name was big deal, but I wanted to start writing right away that I did not want to waste my time on debating about a name to use. So, I wrote the two nicknames given to me by my youngest best friend, Potayto, that I like best. 

Talking about nicknames, I have as many as (if I may exaggerate), the stars we can see at night! This is mainly because, since I was 12, I encouraged each of my friends to call me by a different nick name that was unique to him/her! :D 

Flipping through the memories, the oldest and most commonly used nickname is Shina. Yes, I'm sure it would officially be considered a nickname since my real full name is Shinah. There was a time when I totally hated anyone who called me Shinah, because it was my real name and I thought that anyone who called me by my real name doesn't like me enough to call me by a nickie ;) And then there were several versions of the name Shina, the first of them being Shinaathu, which was the name my Kindergarten Auntie wrote as my name in my Report Card. Then it was Shinu (which sounds really endearing and most people including my Mom calls me that.) 

Later, the names started getting wilder and wilder, with names such as Shyna, Shyn, Tina (a variation of Shina obviously), Tinnu( a derivation of Tina, I believe), Shittu(the oh-so-famous "ttu" at the end;) ) and Shin emerging! And my 7th grade classmates even called me Barbie since all the stuff I had, from bags to pens and pencils to lunch boxes were Barbie brand :P

Along came the guy who can make me laugh even when I have tears in my eyes, literally, Yanew, who called me the most unique of names, starting with Sparkles (he said I seemed like I was sparkling because of the face powder I used! Imagine that! :P ), progressing to Shiny, which I modified to Shinie, to Smiles (because I was always smiling, according to the wise old Potayto!), to Tomayto (just because :P )and finally to the annoying Shinana, Shintey, Shinatu (Trust me, even I don't know how he comes up with this stuff! ) and Shinau (My youngest sister's courtesy!).

Well, that ends another random post about another random part of my life~!

Smile and Shine, people! =)

4 comments:

  1. hehe... When we went to Kuda Bandos for the Patrol Leaders camp thingy... Nuha used to call you Shittu and I found it very cute :p But still my fav nicky is Shinu..that name is sooo full of affection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe Everyone thought it was related to Shit and some cunning people actually called me Shit back then :P lol!
      I know, right ;) I just feel so loved when someone calls me that ;)

      Delete
  2. Youngest? -.-" He's older than you kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess i made a new nickname for u
    SHINWA

    ReplyDelete