Monday, August 5, 2013

Iftar by UNIS

So, yesterday we had another Iftar event by the University of Newcastle Islamic Society.
I already told you about the first Iftar I attended here.
For yesterday's Iftar, I prepared watermelon juice, which is always a must in most Maldivian family Iftars. During the Ramadan days I spent at home, I drank watermelon juice almost every day and I noticed that it quenches my thirst much better than any other juice. So I thought I'd let other people have its goodness as well.
I went to the shopping centre during the  1 hour break I got between Math and English class and bought a watermelon. My gorgeous classmate, Asna, was so kind to give me the keys to her apartment at Barahineban so I just went to her apartment by the shuttle bus and prepared the juice there and refrigerated it.
Straight after English, we had Health class. Health ended anhour early, at 4pm so I went back to Bara, got the juice and got back to the Auchmuty courtyard just in time for breaking the fast. I ate some dates, got myself registered at the table and waited at the courtyard. There I met the two pretty Malaysian Muslims, Aisha and Iza.



So after breaking the fast, all the Muslims prayed while the non-muslims who joined us in the event had supper. After prayer, Aisha, Iza and I joined the huge queue. While we were waiting, we talked a lot and I came to know that they live with 7 other Malaysian Muslim girls. I was a bit envious to be honest, because it would  have been so amazing to live with girls and Muslims at that. :D They even invited me over to their place for Eid celebrations! I am so excited! 
Then we ate a hearty meal!



Aisha & Iza

And the food was so delicious! Good food, better people and best times- what more could a girl ask for? :D

UPDATE: Check out the Iftar featured on Newcastle Herald with much better quality pictures here.


No comments:

Post a Comment