Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hello, new people!

Oh and I totally forgot to mention the new people. To those of you who already know, we used to have two Pakistani guys, a Swedish guy, an Aussie girl, a Korean and a Japanese guy apart from me, the Maldivian, in this house. Each of us have our own rooms, but we share the kitchen and bathrooms. Although they were my house mates, we did not see much of each other because all of us had the same routines- Go to uni, come back home and stay in our rooms till dinner, go to the kitchen and cook dinner one by one and then stay holed up in our rooms for the rest of the day. So the only time we met were  the occasional clash of our cooking times.

This semester, the Korean guy and the Swedish guy (Drilon) left. Drilon was here for just the one semester as an exchange student, but I don't know about the other guy. When I came back from holidays, he wasn't here.

But there was this guy from Norway instead, Kris. And the landlord told me there was a Chinese girl as well, but I haven't even seen her, not even after one whole week has passed, which tells a lot about how often we stay in our rooms!

At the uni, we have pretty much the same people in our class, (If you don't remember, read this again!), but we did get one new girl from Malaysia, Thibba, who had just finished her A'levels. Even though she is in our class, she isn't doing Medicine, she is going for Nutrition and Diet, if I remember correctly.

Only a  few of us were in class the first day. Most people arrived late, but by the end of the week, everyone was here, except Masa and I don't really know where he is.

Also, I attended Iftar (breaking fast at sun set) by the University of Newcastle Islamic Society and I met so many new people there. The most special one is Amina, whose parents are from Pakistan, but she is an Aussie, born and grew up in Newcastle. We chatted for quite some time and it was really nice. Talking about Iftar, here is a picture from the one on last Monday!


Aand that reminds me, I have to go to the shopping centre and get a watermelon for today's Iftar. It is going to be so much fun and I'd hopefully have more pictures! :D So it's bye for now, and see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment