Thursday, August 8, 2013

Eid Mubarak!

Well, yesterday was the last day of Ramadan and UNIS arranged another Iftar.
Our Health class ended an hour early, so I went to the Auchumuty Courtyard to see if they needed any help. Turned out, they did.

I helped out with the food and stayed behind to serve food until almost everyone was done and then I joined Iza and Aisha (if you don't know who they are, read this!) and their housemates and had a hearty meal. I was too busy during the whole time to take pictures, but you already got a glimpse of how amazing the food was, didn't you? Of course, last night's food was more awesome and there were more varieties.

When everyone was praying the Maghrib prayer, it drizzled a little. And afterwards, when we were busy serving food, it started raining so that everyone had to get their food from the food tents and run to either the Shortland building or the AIC. Everyone there was like, "the sky is crying because Ramadan is over".
But I had so much fun helping them out. It's the first time I have volunteered at the uni and it felt awesome. (To those of you who don't know, I did a lot of volunteering back home, with the Maldivian Red Crescent and as an individual as well, and I really missed all the helping out.)

And it was freezing last night, probably because of the rain and the wind and it was almost 8pm when I reached home.

When I woke up this morning, I suddenly realised that today was Eid. I used to go to Eid prayer and then visit family members afterwards. And I remembered all the Eid songs that Television Maldives played, so I youtubed the songs and just kept playing them. If you want to listen to them, here they are! :D





Eid was such an eventful day back home, but I had six hours of classes today. Then I saw Khairu's post about Eid and I remembered all the fun we used to have during Eid. If you are interested to read about it, here is the link. Of course, I miss home terribly and it is so hard to be away from all that fun, but that doesn't change the fact that I am truly happy that today is Eid, even if it is just like any other day. After all, it's your attitude that can bring you happiness, right? ;)

And anyway, all my classmates and teachers wished me, which made me really happy. I also had Chicken Briyani for lunch, so the homesickness wasn't too bad. ;)



Iza and Aisha are going to have some celebrations this weekend and they said they'd let me know the time and place and I can hardly wait!

Also, I got myself an Eid gift- a Samsung Galaxy S4! It might not be a big deal to those of you who upgrade your phone to a newer version the minute a new phone comes out, but for me, this is a huge deal because I bought it with my own money (well, the previous phone was bought with my own money too, but still! ;) )



And on the excited and over joyed note, I conclude this post, but not before wishing all my Muslim readers an amazing, fun-filled, blessed, celebratory Eid! Eid Mubarak everyone! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment